Top Rated Indestructible Dog Toys
Who else legitimately needs to know what the best indestructible dog toys are? Our chocolate lab is insistent on ripping apart every soft toy he finds, knowing it is not his. Next thing I know it looks like the toy exploded and there is white stuffing everywhere. I am sure many can relate. Another wasted dollar and his “unscheduled” playdate with the toy has come to an end. Into the trash it goes. The same thing happens with tennis balls. He tears the fuzz off and then attempts to eat the ball. No sir!
In an attempt to extend these rare and pleasurable moments in his life, I wanted to know what are the top rated indestructible dog toys, especially those tolerable of a large dog. Here’s a list from Chewy.com with various price points:
- Nylabone DuraChew Peanut Butter Flavor Souper Dog Chew Toy. $8.64: Made of tough, durable nylon for the most powerful chewers. Nylabone DuraChew Souper chew toys help clean teeth, discourage destructive chewing and promote safe, healthy chewing habits. Textured design helps clean teeth. New allergen-free peanut butter flavor!
- Petstages NewHide Dog Chew Toy. $11.49: You can satisfy your dog’s natural instincts and tell classic rawhide chews to step aside, all thanks to the Petstages NewHide Dog Chew Toy. This rawhide replacement chew is one you can be proud of because it offers none of the swelling properties of rawhide, but all the taste your pal loves! NewHide satisfies your dog’s urges to chew while encouraging healthy chew habits—as opposed to chewing your shoes or prized possessions. Plus, it’s phthalate-free, and the knotted ends give your dog a varying texture that can keep them busy. Petstages knows that dogs aren’t one-size-fits-all, so they offer this treat in various sizes to create a chew for every chew-loving dog out there. Say goodbye to rawhide, and say hello to an upgrade—NewHide.
- Kong, the classic dog, Large. $12.99: The KONG Classic is the gold standard of dog toys and has become the staple for dogs around the world for over forty years. Offering enrichment by helping satisfy dogs’ instinctual needs, the KONG Classic’s unique all-natural red rubber formula is ultra-durable with an erratic bounce that is ideal for dogs that like to chew while also fulfilling a dog’s need to play. Want to extend play time? Be sure to stuff with tempting bits of kibble and entice with a dash of peanut butter. Add to the fun by adding KONG Snacks and topping with KONG Easy Treat.
- Mammoth TireBiter Tire Dog Toy, Large. $13.29: Mammoth Tirebiters are made real-tire tough from specially formulated natural rubber with two-ply nylon. Perfect for interactive playing, tossing, and tugging. Strong and durable for aggressive chewers making this toy fun and long-lasting. Great for interactive playing, tossing, and tugging.
- Busy Buddy Bristle Bone Dog Toy, Large. $14.95: It’s a doggy dentist’s favorite tool and a doggy’s favorite chew… all in one! The Busy Buddy Bristle Bone Dog Toy has nylon bristles and rubber nubs that stimulate the gums and remove plaque and tartar as dogs entertain themselves gnawing and chewing trying to get their hard-earned reward: rawhide! Bristle Bone Dog Toys are available in multiple sizes and include 4 treats.
- Benebone Maplestick Dog Chew Toy. $17.41: Give your one-of-a-kind pup a one-of-a-kind chew with a Benebone Maplestick. This fetch toy is made with nylon and real maple wood! Think of this toy as the amped-up version of a regular stick—that means no splintering and no dirty mess. It’s not only durable but it also has just the right amount of give. And Benebone Maplesticks come in small, medium and large, so you can choose the perfect size for your canine companion. This toy is great for a game of toss and fetch or supervised solo play.
- West Paw Qwizl Dog Toy, Granny Smith Green, Large. $19.95: Keep your dog entertained and rewarded with the West Paw Qwizl Dog Toy. Featuring a clever design that keeps dogs stimulated and pleasantly puzzled, this dog toy is designed to dispense a treat to your furry friend—but he’ll have to work for it first. The center cut outs give him a whiff of the yumminess inside, so he’ll be quickly enticed to start going after the prize. Not only does this prolong the life of treats, but it also keeps him away from your shoes and furniture—a win/win all around! And when it’s empty, go ahead and use it for a good ol’ fashioned game of fetch
- Starmark Everlasting Treat Ball with Dental Treat Dog Chew Toy. $19.99: A fun chewing challenge for your dog! The Everlasting Treat Ball holds two Everlasting Treats and can be filled with small treats or kibble. Starmark Mental Stimulation toys help keep pets mentally engaged in an activity they enjoy. They help foster natural hunting and foraging behaviors and help prevent destructive boredom behaviors. This item can be used with Everlasting Treats, or with portions from your dog’s regular meal to turn mealtime into playtime.
Hopefully this short list can guide pet owners towards more indestructible dog toys and extend their dog’s happy moments. It is wise to purchase a toy listed above to last longer than the seconds it takes to completely dismember and de-fluff a soft toy. Save those toys for the little guys. I am going to take my own advice and go purchase my lab an indestructible dog toy from this list.